Trademarks, copyrights & trade secrets
Kerry Newcomb - Trademark Attorney
Expert Trademark Attorney, Kerry Newcomb’s practice encompasses all areas of trademark law, with a particular emphasis on conducting Australian pre-filing searches, filing and prosecuting Australian trademarks, conducting opposition and non-use proceedings, pre-infringement matters, overseas trademark matters, intellectual property due diligence and the preparation of intellectual property legal opinions.
Accordingly, Kerry’s practice focuses primarily on trade marks. Kerry also has expertise in associated intellectual property areas such as, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct under the Section 18 of the Australian Consumer Law (contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), copyright and domain name disputes. Kerry’s experience includes preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications, with particular emphasis on contentious matters at IP Australia and appeal processes; negotiating and drafting settlement agreements; handling clearance opinions; handling pre-infringement matters and providing infringement opinions. Certainly, Kerry secures protection for her local client’s overseas and provides overseas filing strategies. Kerry also has over the years, handled many overseas corporate client’s Australian trade mark portfolios.
Kerry’s approach to her practice is unquestionably simple and effective, including all phases of prosecution, opposition, cancellation, pre-litigation, and enforcement procedures. Clients include companies in many diverse fields and industries from all over Australia and around the world.
Trademark Services — Strengthening Brands and Protecting Reputations
Kerry Newcomb’s current focus on trade mark law and practice includes:
- Advising on trade mark creation and protection strategies
- Managing trade mark portfolios
- Conducting searches of the Australian and overseas Trade Marks Registers and providing use and registrability opinions
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting trade mark applications in Australia and overseas
- Conducting opposition and revocation proceedings
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating assignments and settlement agreements
- Conducting due diligence enquires and advising on other areas of intellectual property.